Inspector / Auditor IV - Quality (81121BR)
|Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.|
BAE Systems is looking for a Quality Inspector who will be on the inspection team for the THAAD product lines as part of the Precision Strike & Sensing Solutions (PS3) Business Area.
Some of the routine Quality tasks associated with this position include formal test witnessing, standard ISO compliance audits, Process/Route Card review/approval, supporting First Article Inspection activities, report generation, Physical Configuration Audit activities and report generation. Works under the general direction of program engineering personnel in a manufacturing environment.
1.Works from various documents in multiple formats/media (specification, drawings, process sheets, ECO's), written, and verbal instructions to evaluate initial program specific inspections, inspection of supplier materials, and or disposition of incoming inspection material, utilizing a full range of complex precision tools and inspection techniques.
2.Define, document, communicate to Process Engineering and Program VSS any process improvement recommendations to increase inspection effectivity.
3.Verifies configuration of product to ensure conformity through inspection and auditing. Included in this task is validating configuration of product for shipment, interfacing with customer on sell-off, and validating shipping paperwork. This includes work in a clean room.
4.Assists in internal compliance and audits across all program functions to maintain certification, or equivalent compliance type audits.
5.Witnesses tests, validating procedural compliance and data collection during conduct of test. Within this function, will be required to inform engineering of significant deviations from test, and/or test failures, requiring test delay until authorization to continue is received.
6.Performs other related duties as detailed by responsible Inspector Supervisor.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
- Active Secret clearance is required
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience directly related Certified Quality Technician or Inspector experience
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to write technical reports detailing audit/inspection results
- Ability to present technical reports, and audit/inspection results in front of large groups of company/customer personnel
- Knowledge of, and experience with production in accordance with IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620, and J-STD 001 standards
- Must have experience working in a Six Sigma and ISO environment
• J-STD 001About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.