Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a senior and experienced GMD Configuration Management Lead to join our team on successful award of the upcoming Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) System Integration, Test and Readiness (SITR) contract. Currently in the pre-solicitation phase, an award is anticipated in the September 2022 timeframe.
The successful candidate will act as the lead manager for all aspects of the execution of GMD Configuration Management. They will have the day-to-day responsibility for leading the multi-disciplinary team that supports the GMD Program Office, as Lead Systems Integrator, in all aspects of GMD Configuration Management. Responsibilities will include the development and execution of GMD configuration management in accordance with our GMD Element Configuration Management Execution Plan, the development and maintenance of configuration management tools and the execution on functional and physical Configuration Audits.
The successful candidate must have significant experience in Configuration Management roles and/or technical leadership experience with GMD programs and MDA. They will have the day-to-day responsibility for leading the multi-disciplinary team that supports Configuration Management and associated activities. The successful candidate must have the ability to act independently to uncover and resolve issues and the ability to think strategically and communicate effectively at management levels of the Customer, Warfighter, and Company to articulate mission needs and requirements.
It is preferred that the successful candidate reside in the Huntsville, AL area. Relocation may be available.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Previous working experience with MDA in a Configuration Management or technical leadership role
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the overall GMD Weapon System as a system-of-systems (SoS)
- The ability to lead multi-disciplinary and multi-contractor teams to ensure the objectives of the program are met.
- The skills to identify interdependencies and plans through critical path analysis.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of all areas of large scale, complex weapon system Configuration Management
- Working experience with the operating policies and procedures for all management aspects of the GMD Configuration Management SITR responsibilities
- Detailed understanding of MDA organization, programs, processes, priorities, and initiatives, and program management practices including budgets, schedules, and related performance standards
- Demonstrated success in being able to work across programs, organizations, and/or other stakeholders to achieve common goals
#gmdprogramopsRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- 10 years of progressive Configuration Management or technical leadership experience
- Former experience with GMD and/or missile defense systems Configuration Management
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, and organize all tasking with minimal supervision
- Strong task management skills, including experience managing teams/programs with special emphasis on meeting engineering challenges.
- Ability to develop Interfaces related requirements and associated strategies
- Knowledge and experience working with the DoD’s Configuration Management processes
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external SMEs and consultants, the Warfighter Community, and cross-organizational stakeholders at various levels of customer and internal leadership and management
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- 15 years progressive interfaces management or technical leadership experience
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.