Job Description In support of a Business Area with over $1 billion in annual revenue and material spend in the hundreds of million, procure materials, equipment, supplies and services based on program-specific requirements and specifications. Develops purchase orders in accordance with specifications, requirements, work statements and terms and conditions. Lead procurement activities and assigned commodities required for the sourcing of complex programs for material, software, and services. Will help support and execute sourcing strategies based on existing and forecasted spend, demand and supply challenges and marketplace conditions. Prepares/reviews proposals, develops evaluation criteria, selects or recommends suppliers, creates electronic purchase orders (ePO) files for review, prepares awards and administers resulting purchase orders. Negotiates additions, deletions, or modifications to purchase orders and resolves invoicing issues. Follow and execute to established and approved procurement policies and procedures in order to provide the best value consistent with quality and service requirements while maintaining good supplier relations. Responsible for Procurement Compliance and Price Analysis. Follows up with suppliers for open PO management and ensures all material is received on-time and in the quantities required to support the business.
A successful candidate must be able to be an effective communicator internally and externally, build mutually beneficial relationships, willing to advance their knowledge of procurement compliance, and proactively adopt best practices and support new initiatives, including Zero Defect initiatives with suppliers. The candidate should also possess strong order management skills, such as working with suppliers for weekly updates, ensure detailed PO updates, engage suppliers for engineering discussions for in-process failures, analyze open commits to actuals and/or forecast to actuals on a weekly basis.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design & manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and the understanding of the role of procurement in complex industries.
- Experience in procurement efforts in a Department of Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Experience in buying across various commodities (electronics, mechanical, PWB’s, cables, optics…)
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual and performance issues with suppliers.
- Purchase Order / Supplier Management
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation) and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding of subcontractor solicitations and bid analysis/process.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 2 years or more of directly related work experience preferably in a government-contracting environment.
- U.S. Citizenship
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to be task-focused and detail oriented, with strong follow up for assigned action items
- Strong open PO management skills, to include working with suppliers to resolve technical or engineering issues
- Generosity of thought and knowledge
- Familiarity with Oracle purchasing system
- Technical Background (Ability to read drawings)
- 2 plus years’ experience in operations, supply chain, procurement.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.I.M., C.P.S.M. preferred
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.