Contracts Administrator, Sr. (81246BR)
- Working understanding of the USG acquisition and procurement environment, contracts function, adherence to company policies, commercial contracting methods, export regulations, FAR/DFARS, and other requirements.
- Support assigned proposals and analyze solicitations, prepare summaries with attention to financial and business risk, participate in proposal team meetings, prepare terms, conditions and assumptions, review technical and pricing bids for accuracy and consistency. Prepare proposal documents for submittal to customers. Coordinate with other company functions to ensure reviews are scheduled and conducted. Obtain required signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Perform and monitor all aspects of assigned contracts including accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, amendments, account receivables, delivery schedules, legal matters etc.
- Coordinate, negotiate, and manage complex proposals, contracts with minimal supervision.
- Negotiations of agreements such as NDA’s, teaming MOU/MOAs, Terms and Conditions and others.
- Perform activities associated with contract closeout.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as well as all legal, regulatory, and customer requirements.
- Primary point of contact between the company and customer for contractual matters. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy.
- Resolve challenging contractual situations by working with program teams to gather, interpret, analyze and present information.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years of related experience
- Computer skills to maintain contract records within our business systems as well as prepare reports, presentations, letters and documents.
- Sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated research and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on closure and get results
- Strong hands-on knowledge of, and experience with, FAR and DFARS and export regulations
- Experience with complex RFPs
- Experience with various USG and prime contractor organizations
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Active Secret Clearance
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.