Rig Journey Person - 2nd shift (81304BR)
- Shipboard machinery and equipment to include but not limited to: pumps, valves, motors, electronic equipment, shafting, etc. And may work at heights in access of 100’.
- Riggers are also responsible for selecting rigging gear based on weight and distribution of load, availability of hoisting machinery, and the presence of obstacles which might interfere with maneuverability of incorrectly rigged hoisting gear.
- Signal workers operating cranes or other equipment to move load.
- Individuals will also be required to inspect rigging gear in accordance with safety rules and OSHA standards.
- Will perform additional related tasks as assigned by Supervisor, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume, weights of structures, equipment and materials of various shapes and sizes.
- Must have 2+ years' experience in the rigging industry.
- Must be capable to obtain DBIDs to enter Naval Facilities.
- Must possess a recognized degree, certificate, or professional standing, or has extensive knowledge, training, and experience, and can successfully demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to rigging loads.
- Must Pass an oral or written test and a practical test.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.