Outside Machinist Improver 2nd shift (81359BR)
- Machinist Improvers may work in dry dock, shop or shipboard environments.
- Work occurs in various stages of repair and modernization of Naval and Commercial Ships.
- Outside Machinists operate a wide variety of tools and machinery.
- Performs additional related tasks as assigned, some of which are essential to the position.
- Shifts (Must be able to work a variety of shift)
1st shift 6:00 and – 2:30 pm
2nd shift 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- High School Diploma with 2+ years' shipboard machinist experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of ship layout and ability to read Technical Manuals & Drawings, Basic Specs, etc.
- Ability to work in dry dock, shop and shipboard environments.
- Ability to work at heights, in confined spaces and have the ability to climb staircases and ladders of varying sizes.
- Must be able to read precision tools (i.e. micrometers and verniers).
- Mechanical background required (i.e. diesel, testing, steam plant, shafting, boring, etc).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DBIDS.
- Must be able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently.
- Ability to lift 35 – 55 lbs on a daily basis.
- Must pass BAE Systems Drug and Physical Exam.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.