QA Engineer ( R-00085837 )
The Government Health and Safety Operation has an opening for a QA Engineer to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
- You will work with engineering and product management teams to design and implement exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. You will take part in all stages of software development to identify and resolve system issues to meet quality standards.
- Working closely with business analysts to understand customer use cases, requirements, and project KPIs
- Collaborating with engineering teams to understand systems and solutions designs to identify test coverage and gaps throughout software development lifecycle stages
- Designing and maintaining test plans including cycles, cases/conditions, expected results and requirement mapping
- Owning and managing all QA test plans, and make sure they are up-to-date with our release cycles
- Ensuring best practices are followed by all team members on project associated with testing process and documentation
- Configuring automated smoke and regression tests in CI/CD pipelines
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 7+ years of professional experience in QA engineering, software development, IT consulting or other technology related fields
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture and big data technologies, including EMR, Databricks, Hive, Spark, AWS Glue, Athena, and Redshift
- Significant experience working in software development teams and using software QA methodologies and tools
- Strong experience in manual testing, test organization, test execution and reporting
- Solid experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with both white box and black box testing
- Experience working in AWS and Linux based infrastructure
- Experience with [Register to View] target="_blank">Ruby, [Register to View] target="_blank">Python, and Bash
- Knowledge of Jenkins CI/CD principles and Jenkins
- Demonstrated ability to work as an independent, self-starter in a high-paced environment
- Experience with SAS Viya, Hadoop, Apache Ranger, Apache Ambari, and Apache Knox is a plus
- Experience with Cucumber testing framework and Watir libraries is a plus
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be consideredPay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.