Data Center Systems Engineer with TS/SCI and Poly ( R-00085928 )
The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking an experienced, focused professional to serve as a Data Center Systems Engineer located in Aurora, CO. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting best-in-class Data Center Systems Engineering operations in a dynamic enterprise environment for a variety of customer driven emphasis items.
Qualified applicants must be self-motivated and able to perform expertly given consistently evolving priorities. The candidate will be required to work independently to collaboratively and constructively influence both internal and external organizations for strategic and operational decisions for program entities, Directorate Customers, and Industry Partners to achieve positive results.
- Lead and facilitate Data Center Systems Engineering support
- Provide Systems Engineering and Project Management expertise ensuring exceptional performance with a focus on service delivery improvements across the Customer’s mission IT ecosphere
- Develop highly innovative Systems Engineering solutions to resolve complex problems involving limited and disparate information through application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation, and integration of best practices
- Ability to provide and support data center Systems Engineering activities
- Serve as a Systems Engineer interfacing with PM and division leadership to make comprehensive recommendations and develop executable strategies
- Advise and support System Engineering transition requirements of large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of complex network environments with geographically distributed components
- Implement community policies and guidance consistent with information system requirement analysis, transition planning, and research and assistance
- Maintain data storage requirements within the data center and cloud to meet or exceed customer requirements
- Coordinate, facilitate, and verify Data Center Management and Control/Facility Management/Electrical and Mechanical Systems
- Leads and facilitate Data Center Systems Engineering support
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Provide systems engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Experience with Enterprise Data Center Management and Operations
- Knowledge of data center standards and best practices.
- Requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience
- 3 or more years of Data Center experience managing large and complex projects in the customer environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical and non-technical verbal and written correspondence with internal team members, customers, and external stake holders
- Expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts in support of the ITIL Framework Service Transition process
- Ability to work independently or under generalized supervision with strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
- Possess a solid understanding of systems engineering and development.
- Be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.