DevSecOps Engineer ( R-00085836 )
Leidos is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer to configure and implement a secure agile software development and release management process using modern practices such as GitOps and CI/CD. The DevSecOps Lead will collaborate with multiple development teams in implementing pipelines and enable them to continuously deliver new software releases at high velocity. In this role, a portion of the unclassified work can be done remotely, with approval from the prime contractor. In office work will be done in a facility in the Springfield/Alexandria area, with occasional in person meetings at other DC area locations such as Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and Reston, VA.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive software configuration and release management process integrating required tools and services
- Collaborate with DevSecOps engineers and Application Development teams to configure and implement GitOps, CI/CD pipelines, Artifact Repository and automate build, testing, and deployment phases
- Establish a streamlined source control branching strategy to support multi-release development using Git
- Configure JIRA and other tools to automate release lifecycle management functions, including reviews and approval
- Evaluate and implement cross-domain solutions such as AWS Diode to automate software delivery across multiple domains
- Mentor and coach cross-functional agile teams on DevSecOps best practices.
- 6+ years of experience as a software development engineer with progressive technical leadership and DevSecOps experience
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university OR 4 years of additional DevOps experience.
- Experience developing Pipelines as Code and implementing CI/CD pipelines for the large ecosystem of microservices
- Experience documenting and implementing a Software Configuration Management and Release Management Plan and Processes
- Highly fluent in mono-repo and multi-repo strategies using Git and experience implementing GitOps processes
- Strong programming background with fluency in at least one major language (Java, Node, etc.) or scripting tool (Bash, Python, etc.)
- IAT Level II DoD 8570 compliant certification
- Security Clearance
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience with Ansible Tower
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with Agile principles and concepts
- IAT Level III or IAM Level II DoD 8570 compliant certification
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.