Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
Leidos is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer / Cyber Security Analyst with the technical expertise to perform a broad range of information assurance engineering tasks in a complex customer environment. This position is responsible for:
- Information gathering, port and vulnerability scanning and analysis according to policy
- Scheduling, execution and tracking of vulnerability remediation activities
- Security monitoring, analysis and incident response
- Tracking, and reporting of security patch/upgrade implementation
- Development of security policies, processes and procedure
- Development of information security documents
- Conducting security audits
- Workload estimating
- Development and delivery of presentations
- Security product trade studies
- Security test and evaluation
- STIG/Checklist auditing.
This position has a particular focus on incident response and threat assessment as part of a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Candidates should have experience in investigating computer and information security incidents to determine the extent of a compromise and providing assessments and forensics support of these incidents.
- The candidate is expected to have a broad range of knowledge into the latest tools and techniques used to secure IPv4 & IPv6 networks.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple domain areas.
- Apply cyber security standards, directives, guidance and policies to an architectural framework.
- Provide broad based experience in the systems engineering lifecycle and apply the experience to specific cyber security initiatives relating to architectural design and development.
- Resolve architecture implementation issues during integration and test.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of related experience or Masters & 2-6 years of related experience or experience in lieu of degree.
- Must have a current TS/SCI with Polygraph
- You will be required to pass both a customer required and administered medical and physiological screening, as a condition of employment.
- 5 years of experience in system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development, with a concentration in Cyber Security.
- 3 years of experience in incident detection and response, system administration, database administration, network engineering, software engineering, or software development is required.
- Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement.
- Change management and Engineering control gates.
- Security architecture development
- Customer requirements identification
- Operations and maintenance
- Performance metrics related to security operations
- Experience identify new tools and perform trade studies
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.