Sr Principal Systems Administrator (ITEMS UDS) (81728BR)
- Perform desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring and security.
- Install/load Operating System (OS) and other local area system administration related functions.
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to those systems.
- Provide Tier 2 and 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems, as well as escalation and status communications to agency management and internal customers.
- Configure and manage UNIX and/or Windows operating systems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving applications, operating systems, hardware, infrastructure, and any combination thereof. Able to troubleshoot, as well as maintain the integrity and configuration of network components along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of enterprise systems.
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools.
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS.
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk import/exports
Note: Must be able to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph clearance.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial, and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off, holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Education:
- Bachelors & 8 yrs
Must be able to lift/move/carry equipment as necessary (max 40 pounds)
TS/SCI Required. Ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI with CI Polygraph.Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Must have Security+ ce or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent within 90 days of hire.
Bachelor's and the following years' experience:
- 8+ yrs
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain is a plus
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Knowledge of the Customer's processes and procedures and of the Customer's production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Windows Server, Red Hat, IRIX, Solaris, Sybase, Informix, SQL, and Imagery Production Chain
- General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills