Senior Solutions Engineer
Are you looking to make a difference? Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team supporting iApp initiatives within our Intelligence Organization.
Leidos is looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer in San Diego, CA to provide technical leadership and support in the areas of systems engineering, solution specification design & implementation, cybersecurity, and target architecture development across the entire Project Portfolio.
The Senior Solutions Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the adoption of innovative solutions to achieve mission-based outcomes.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Hybrid remote- Candidate must be local to the San Diego, CA area. Onsite is required for occasional meetings, requirements of position and other contract requirements.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come join our mission!
The well-qualified Senior Solutions Engineer candidate will have a strong knowledge of information technology and commercial solutions; and significant experience designing and developing technical solutions. The candidate will be a self-motivated, detail-oriented performer who has a strong desire to influence positive change. This senior leader will make cyber security a fundamental part of product development while collaborating with stakeholders.
- Lead execution of the full project lifecycle, from planning, through implementation, to operational readiness.
- Act as a conduit between the Key Management Enterprise and the DoD Services to assist with providing systems architecture, cyber, and engineering technical considerations and solutions.
- Design and define solution capabilities that satisfy customer business drivers / requirements and meet service delivery objectives.
- Evaluates architectures and processes for opportunities for meaningful and measurable improvements.
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements, which might include hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Produce architectural artifacts to include system design diagrams, recommendation justifications, and technical specifications.
- Resolve issues that arise in implementing solutions and systemic incident resolution.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with stakeholders to champion security priorities and objectives.
- Create frictionless paths for our Engineering teams to securely build and deploy applications.
- Visionary leader: strong communicator possessing a demonstrated ability to conceive, construct and advance business and technology solutions and stakeholder sponsorship to support organizational information security projects and initiatives.
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret United States security clearance.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Engineering Science, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Fourteen (14+) years’ experience of related experience supporting programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Five (5) years hands-on experience designing or implementing solutions.
- Candidate must live within commuting distance from the work site.
- Familiar with SecDevOps and ITIL processes and technologies.
- Understanding of cloud-native design and agile software delivery principles.
- Demonstrated experience working in the cyber security domain with knowledge of cyber engineering, systems and tool analysis.
- Experience presenting technology solutions to small and large audiences.
- DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Engineering Science, or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge and experience with computing and related technologies preferred including:
- Business case development supporting technology solutions.
- Intermediate to advanced technical certifications and hands-on experience across multiple technology domains (e.g., Security, Application development, etc.).
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.