Network Engineer (Access) - TS/SCI with Poly Required
The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking a Network Engineer to support network engineering (Access) to support the customer’s various WAN and LAN networks, in providing network design, upgrades and config support to the architecture team; act as subject matter expert in WAN and LAN technologies and vendors; support customer’s intra- and inter- net and other data communications systems or segments of networked system; and by Providing tiered support as required.
The Network Engineer (Access) will be responsible to:
- Design and improve overall MPLS network architecture and network services. Maintain relevant technical documentation.
- Perform lab equipment, software, application, and network services solution evaluation, testing, integration with NMS, and security certification.
- Evaluate new network technologies, solution, and services.
- Support Tier-4 production troubleshooting and develop pro-active network analysis solution of Operation team. Leverage complex network analysis tools to identify and predict problems in the network and aid in the post-mortem analysis of network anomalies.
- Juniper certification or training: JNCIA, JNCIP, and JNCIE.
- Experience in developing and implementing methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of CAN/LAN and WAN networks.
- Familiar with firewalls and network timing.
- Experience with network equipment and solution rolls out, as well as engineering documentation
- Experience with operations and maintenance activities of MPLS networks, MPLS VPN services.
- Experience using complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Experience troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels.
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components
- Maintain operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs
- Apply software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Security+ Certification
- Experience in design, maintenance, and operation of small to medium sized networks
- Experience with military networks, CISCO routing and switching, and network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of OSPF, BGP, VOIP or Multicast protocols.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching/Routing product line
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Hands-on experience diagnosing network related issues
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical issues in a dynamic environment.
- Requires a Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Degree must be in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with Cisco / Brocade / Juniper Network Platforms
- Experience with ACS/TACACS Servers
- Experience with Cisco lOS/ Brocade OS / JUNOS
- CCNA or other advanced networking certificate.
- Experience with HP NNM, Cisco Prime, and CiscoWorks
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.