Software Systems Engineer ( R-00086536 )
Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in San Diego CA.
Seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1 Block 1, DCGS-N INC 1 Block 2, DCGS-N INC2, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration and testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division.
The position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation procedures.
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Will provide solutions based on system requirements. Will work with team to develop solutions to the technical issues and updates that are required.
- Works with senior team and develop junior team members to perform the design process and the procedures for updates.
- Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
- Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
- 6+ years of overall related IT experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to travel 25% including possible underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Server+/and accreditation in Windows, Unix, Linux or Solaris operating systems
- Experience/training with Blade Servers
- Experience/training with VMware
- Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008 environment.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Oracle Blade Servers/CT900, IBM Blade Center and Blades, Oracle T-4 servers, Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions.
- Experience in a Solaris 10/11, MS Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008 R2/2012/2016/2019, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V.
- Experience/training in a Solaris, Windows PC and Windows Server 2008/2012 environment.
- Previous experience with Java/J2EE, Oracle and COMPOSE/ISNS/CANES Environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Station background.
- Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.