Sr. Windows Systems Engineer
Looking for an exciting opportunity to make an impact as a Senior Windows Systems Engineer?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has a position located in Blacksburg, VA with opportunities to work remotely for a highly motivated Sr. Windows Systems Engineer who will work with an elite team of IT professionals to maintain an optimal environment for critical customer systems. The Sr. Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Windows systems and identifying and implementing innovations to ensure and improve maximum availability, performance, and security for our DoD customer.
This position is slated to begin in August 2022. The Sr. Windows Systems Engineer will oversee the operations, maintenance and improvement of the customers’ Windows environments including event, incident, change, problem, and patch management.
• Improve, operate, and maintain, the customers’ enterprise virtualized Windows servers and overall architecture in their AWS cloud environment.
• Serve as mentor to more junior Windows Systems Engineers to ensure continued professional development
• Design and implementation of Windows servers and services.
• Monitor health, performance, and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
• Work closely with end users, team members, contractors, and management to identify, report and resolve issues.
• Close tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life cycle.
• Lead incident resolution activities and root cause identification.
• Support identification and analysis of security threats and vulnerabilities to the Windows environment and relating steps for remediation.
• Continuously improve processes, quality, and efficiency/Automation by analyzing metrics and performance indicators such as tickets, processes, and workflow, and identifying improvements.
• Maintain and update documentation from system configurations to Knowledgebase for the Windows operations teams.
• Submit applicable Plan of Action and Milestone (POAM) where required.
• Perform Administration and setup activities to deliver high availability for all server resources within the AWS environment while ensuring confidentiality and integrity of the environment.
• Perform configuration, troubleshooting, and management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and file/print.
• Build and deploy Group Policy Objects to enforce desired enterprise behavior.
• Perform patch and security configuration activities to ensure servers and databases under management are properly secured and up to date.
• Communicate with Executives, Managers, Peers, and Customers.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in related IT experience in Windows server engineering/administration, with 2+ years of Cloud services, AWS or Azure, additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II baseline certification (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
• Already has or acquires one of the following certifications required by the position within 4 months of start: MCSE, VCP, MCITP, ITIL, II, IAT, MCSA, SSL, AD, AWS
• Strong understanding of AWS services and protocols including but not limited to web servers, database servers, mail servers, name servers
• Strong knowledge of design, implementation, migration, and maintenance of several of the following: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Group Policy, Failover Clustering, Terminal Services, LDAP and windows scripting/automation
• Capable of driving improvement and compliance across Windows server technologies
• Experience executing upgrades, migrations, optimizations, new implementations and identifying and resolving efficiency issues
• Ability to write scripts, templates, interfaces, and utility applications to continuously improve functionality
• Experience with PowerShell scripting and experience in other languages like: Python, PHP, Go.
• Experience with application of security settings and other DOD best practices such as DISA STIGS.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with the ability to de-construct problems
• DoD Secret clearance is required prior to start (Interim Secret clearance is acceptable)
• Ability to think creatively and implement innovative solutions
• Strong planning and organizational skills, able to document processes and procedures, able to understand problems, frame them for other team members, and drive to solutions as a group.
• Ability to build trust and influence inside the team, and with external stakeholders.
• Experience working with developers and trading systems operations to troubleshoot application performance issues.
• Microsoft Certified System Administrator or Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification desired
• AWS Cloud Practitioner or Associate level certification desired
• Experience developing test programs, project plans and roadmaps, and driving them to conclusion.
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.