Job Description BAE Systems is seeking a full-time MBSE Systems Engineer and System Analysis Engineer to be a part of our MBSE team working on the US/UK TRIDENT Submarine Strategic Weapon System and US Attack Weapon System programs. The selected candidate will serve as a Senior Systems Engineer and modeling SME, specifically performing the following functions:
- Performing / leading system modeling / simulation efforts and related MBSE tasking (technical whitepapers, presentations, stakeholder demos, etc.)
- Engaging with community IPTs / Working Groups / Communities of Practice
- Working with non-modelers to expand MBSE initiatives across the programRequired Education, Experience, & Skills - Active DOD SECRET Clearance
- BS and 4+ yrs Systems Engineering experience spanning the SE Lifecycle
- Continuing education in System Engineering / System Modeling / System Architecture
- Extensive MATLAB, Simulink, or Model Center
- Experience with broad array of engineering tools / languages including No Magic Products, PTC Windchill, IBM DOORS, 2D/3D CAD, SysML, JAVA, and/or MATLAB Simulink
- Demonstrated Self-Starter with organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with others
- Willingness and ability to travelAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.