Job Description Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
WE PROTECT THOSE WHO PROTECT US®
BAE Systems is looking for a Digital Integrated Circuit Scientist to join their Advanced Electronics research group. The Advanced Electronics group is part of BAE Systems’ FAST Labs™ R&D organization, which works with government R&D organization such as DARPA, AFRL, etc. to develop game changing technology that can be transitioned into products that protect those who protect us.
We are seeking qualified candidates to develop digital processing solutions for our next generation broadband multi-function DoD systems in RF/EW, EOIR, and Cyber domains. The ideal candidate for this position is expected to provide novel technical contribution to research and development projects, and contribute individually to teams executing digital IC and microelectronics R&D activities tangential to their specific expertise. The candidate will be required to drive the entire research cycle, from concept to execution to test, for subsets of larger programs or as the Principal Investigator (PI) on smaller activities, including identifying and coordinating resource needs apart from themselves. Additionally, the candidate is expected to apply their technical expertise in support of new research program creation through customer engagement and proposal writing.
The candidate should look forward to developing their own scientific and/or entrepreneurial prowess, such that in the future they are able to leverage their position, reputation, and technical expertise to create and lead large-scale research programs that advance technology for purposes of providing differentiating capabilities for BAE Systems, the United States, and our allies.
In this job role, qualified candidates can expect to:
This position can be based out of our Merrimack, NH; Burlington, MA; Reston, VA; Arlington, VA; Raleigh, NC; or Columbia, MD facilities; or fully remote, though it will require collaboration with staff across our business areas and facilities in the Northeast.
- Heavily collaborate across teams made up of widely diverse expertise.
- Contribute to relevant research activities as an individual contributor or by leading a small team of 1-3 people as principal investigator
- Lead the research, design, development, execution, and implementation of novel, state-of-the-art digital integrated circuit designs
- Contribute to project technical reviews, through generation and presentation of review-ready material, and by providing subject matter expertise feedback during reviews
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status and eligibility to obtain a US security clearance.Required Education, Experience, & Skills The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience executing projects in state-of-the art technology associated with digital IC architecting, design implementation, and EDA tool flows
- Track record of technical innovation as evidenced by journal and conference publications or patent filings
- Knowledge of digital integrated circuit/ASIC design from RTL through physical design, with experience in any of the following areas:
- Design for Trust approaches and techniques
- Digital signal processing accelerators
- Radiation-hard-by-design (RHBD) approaches
- Secure processor architectures or design
- System-on-a-Chip architecting or implementation
- Digital microsystem architecture and design
- AI/ML hardware acceleration
- Microprocessor architecture and design
- Ability to obtain clearance at the Secret level or higher
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- PhD in electrical engineering or related field or Master’s Degree with 3+ years of professional research experience
- Prior experience as principal investigator on DoD R&D programs
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.