Marketing & Tradeshows Specialist Principal (Remote) (81987BR)
- Work closely with leadership and business development across ES businesses to develop measurable exhibition strategies for key capabilities and technologies in support of the brand, strategy and business and growth objectives.
- Lead the planning and implementation of integrated marketing plans for exhibitions across ES businesses, working closely with business development, government relations, media and other functional teams.
- Be responsible for implementation of corporate identity and branding standards with exhibitions across the ES business.
- Collaborate with internal graphic designers, web developers and video team to create impactful marketing materials for exhibitions.
- Develop marketing content and provide strategic communications counsel and guidance to senior leadership for external engagements such as speaking opportunities at industry events.
- Drive collaboration across a matrixed team of diverse Communications professionals.
- Provide strategic communications counsel and guidance to senior leadership.
- Develop and track analytics in support of functional and business objectives.
- Collaborate with other business segments and BAE Systems, Inc. headquarters teams on joint exhibitions.
- Monitor the competitive environment to proactively identify trends and potential issues for sector, campaign and communications leaders and teams. Recommend and support solutions.
- Report to the Manager of Marketing & Tradeshows and be a key member of the Marketing & Tradeshows team in BAE Systems’ ES sector.
Because this role involves a combination of independent and collaborative work, this position can be conducted 100% remotely.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, English, or Marketing and at least 8 years of experience in a communications discipline (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills.
- Strong relationship building, negotiation, time management and influencing skills.
- Strong project and event management skills.
- Established business acumen.
- Demonstrated track record of leading enterprise-level communications projects, events and campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of modern communications tactics, media, procedures, and concepts.
- Must be a networker, collaborator and motivator with a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Must work collaboratively and act as one team by supporting others to achieve our vision, and fulfill our missions.
- Ability to simultaneously initiate, prioritize, and coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.