Job Description The Supply Chain Planner (SCP) is the focal point for all supply chain activities. The planner supports execution of programs and coordination of new program / product launches. SCP assists with reporting of key performance indicators, performance data, and miscellaneous metrics. The Supply Chain Planner will identify and escalate issues.
SCP will plan, prepare, issue and control material requirements in conjunction with the production schedule. Planner will support risk management activities impacting the value chain working with cross-functional teams. The planner ensures that shipments are accomplished to maintain contract/internal delivery commitments. SCP will utilize system and process tools to achieve program / functional goals.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must be willing to work in Greenlawn NY location. Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Planning experience in a large multifaceted electronic manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations
- Significant ERP System Experience (Oracle, SAP, Other), inclusive of shop floor control systems
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes
- Sales & Operations Experience / knowledge
- Inventory / stockroom management
- Project Management experience
- Ability to verbally and accurately report production status to program team or factory team.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to analyze and react to exceptions in MRP, especially around Bills of Material, Material Planning, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and ECOs.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Excellent communication skills and drive to learn Supply Chain initiatives, processes and procedures as well as a multitude of modules and reporting.
- Progressing in a Bachelor’s degree in Business/Supply Chain or related field
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.