Applied Research Mathematician ( R-00087286 )
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! At Leidos we are committed ensuring work life balance. We offer a variety of options for career development (including fully paid continuing education and training) and rewarding your career longevity and progression. Leidos is the employer of choice for the NEXT GENERATION of cyber scientist and analysts. You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Pandemic Paid Leave, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for an experienced scientists, technicians, engineers, and analysts. The FIRST of the Next Generation Analysis Contracts has been awarded. This multi-year contract needs you to fill highly skilled mathematicians, scientists, engineers, planners, collection managers and analysts.
As an Applied Research Mathematician, you will enjoy cutting-edge work on projects that involve the development and applications of methods for analytic solutions, algorithms, cryptanalysis, coding theory, number theory, discrete mathematics, statistics, probability, and many other subjects. Join a tremendously talented technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, control and/or perform work involving development and application of methods for the analytic solution of problems in various subject matter fields where the exactitude of the relationships, the rigor and economy of the operations, the use of mathematical methods and reasoning, and the logical necessity of results are the controlling considerations.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred and must include 2 years (approximately 24 credit hours) of advanced mathematics.
- BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience
- You would really impress us by bringing experience in the design, development, use, and evaluation of mathematics models, methods, and/or techniques (e.g., Algorithm development) to study issues and solve problems.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.