Job Description Join us at our brand new location in Cedar Rapids. The Navigation and Sensor Systems organization is a growing business area developing the next generation of advanced military navigation systems. If you have an engineering project management background, then this is the place to be. Pilots may fly aircraft, but our navigation systems create the route and keep those pilots on course. What are you waiting for! Come be part of the immediate solution in Cedar Rapids and "plant your flag".
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –
from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land,
sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing
strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up
your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those
Who Protect Us®.” BAE Systems continues to build on a strong history of providing navigation equipment to meet the evolving needs of commercial and military users. Our navigation solutions provided enhanced situational awareness and pinpoint accuracy for airborne and surface missions worldwide. Leading the way in GPS systems, our array of products cover airborne, precision-guided munitions, ground handheld receivers and embedded applications. Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Engineering: Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
The Role: In this role, you will:
Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
- Develop hardware development project plans, schedule, cost, and risk management
- Determine and define project scope and objectives
- Provides technical leadership to Design Engineers and program teams
- Develop Basis of Estimates (BOE), Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and resource requirements matrix
- Develop and manage various program status reports and briefings to inter and external stakeholders
- Provide technical support to contracts with vendors and suppliers
- Utilize industry best practices and techniques, and standards throughout the entire project lifecycle.
Who you are:
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- You possess good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple component tasks and assignments
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills (Customers, Peers, Management and Suppliers)
- You’re willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get the job done
- You are always looking for ways to do things better and faster
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have a Bachelor's degree
- Must have 5+ years of engineering project management experience
- Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering background
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget and timeline
- Experience executing projects through the full development lifecycle
- US Citizen
- Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret security clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Candidates with Bachelor’s in Engineering
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Past experience as a Project Engineer
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.