Senior Mechanical CAD Designer/Drafter (82273BR)
- Perform timely incorporations of updates to Mechanical Computer Aided Design (MCAD) models and/or Drawings, ranging from simple drawing updates, to complex 3D model/assembly updates and the associated drawing(s).
- Prepare layouts, diagrams, and design evaluations
- Develop mechanical design solutions for electrical mechanical assemblies
- Castings, machine component and sheet metal design
- Ability to develop technical Engineering drawing types that meet company standard requirements utilizing Creo Parametric and associated company CAD practices.
- Ability to learn the CADRA application (can be learned on the job) to the same as above. Most of the workload will be in Creo.
- Implement change documentation
- Perform design evaluations
- Create, check, and issue detail drawings and parts lists
- Recommend changes in design and components of a subsystem
- Ensure compliance with codes and specifications
- Works with low to moderate direction from design engineers and leads lower level design support personnel.
- Willing and able to learn new and unfamiliar software applications with little or no guidance.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- All of the skills from the Required Skills section, plus:
- Ability and experience with the following applications: Adobe Pro, Windchill 10.x. , Mentor Expedition, Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
- Experience in Electronics and/or Aerospace and Defense industry.
- Experienced using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing IAW ASME Y14.5-2009
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.