Systems Administrator (Expert)
Leidos is looking for a System Admin to support with design, development and innovation to a large multiple hosting environments across multiple centers.
This position will provide unique solutions to solve problems with the hardware and software systems as well as monitor the infrastructure to ensure availability, reliability, and performance. Work with customers to define and innovate requirements, support customer needs implementing uniques and complex permissions to segregate tenants, test recovery operations, create and destroy virtual machines, add/remove/recap hosts, replace failed hardware, and other related tasks. Provide support to mission-targeted infrastructures.
- The operations of systems, network architectures (both LAN and WAN), and customer specific applications
- Analyze systems with the use of log files and system output to assist in determining where and why failures happen and with independent judgement provide solutions.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of monitoring tools.
- Supports troubleshooting with unique and out of the box thinking for problem solving using on-the-job experience, documentation (SOPs), knowledge bases, and deployed network and IT management tools.
- In addition the candidate may be requested to process specific customer support (adding routes, adding system accounts, etc.).
- Analyze official customer traffic for requirements for services for accounts
- Analyze trends, using both raw data and established metrics
- Interface with the customer in support of requirements gathering efforts
- Provide ad hoc training support
- Maintain/update accounts in the customer’s database
- Perform data collection and research; retrieve information or documents from the customer databases as well as the internet
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS degree and 12-15+ years of prior relevant, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with server driven applications and databases
- ·Experience comparing established security and availability management policies to effectively select the proper user accesses
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills, to include building and maintaining interdepartmental relationships
- Capability of briefing senior management on user account statuses
- Experience using Configuration Management best practices
- Experience reading official customer traffic Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience successfully leading development teams
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Technical Certifications are desired
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.