Network Engineer (Senior)
Leidos is looking for a Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for the design, migration, implementation, enhancement, optimization and maintenance of LAN/WAN/Video/Voice/desktop infrastructure. Network engineers are responsible for designing, development, innogrations and configure unique networks. This positions will require the skillset and experience use free thinking and independent judgement to provide solutions. Maintain and upgrade the network hardware and software as well as providing individual solutions for the network to ensure network availability to all system users. Tasks may include: participate in the development of new network designs, assess network management architecture, document the architecture, develop test plans, and conduct the testing effort. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, support problem resolution.
- Develop technical solutions to issues that may be unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Utilizing of various data sources will be necessary to fully understand the issues and inform the solution, have strong skillsets in network monitoring tools and deep analysis of network data
- Evaluate network service requests and validate/triage unique inquiries
- Analyze existing and future network infrastructure and provide solutions requirements
- Network hardware and software testing, implementation, integration, and management
- Create and update network infrastructure documentation
- Assist with the development of network architecture and roadmaps
- Support network refresh efforts
- Network troubleshooting (Tier 3 & 4 level support)
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant, additional experience in lieu of degree
- Hands on experience with Cisco Nexus equipment
- Hands-on experience with firewalls
- Juniper experience
- Experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs; knowledge and/or experience with policy-based routing
- VMWare experience; demonstrated understanding of IPv6 networks
- Experience coding in scripting languages (Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell)
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 hands-on configuration experience, with emphasis on routing protocols BGP, EIGRP, and OSPF. Knowledge configuring GRE and IPSEC Tunnels.
- Physically capable to lift 25lbs.
- Hands on experience with the implementation and use of network monitoring, fault management and performance analysis tools such as SYSLOG, SNMP, What’s Gold, Solarwinds, etc.
- Familiarity with data center infrastructure and experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Experience with network security concepts, best practices and technologies including, but not limited to, SSH, IPSec, TACACs, firewall policies and 802.1x
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Travel: May require occasional travel throughout the continental U.S.
* As a condition of employment, this position requires the candidate pass both a customer required medical and psychological screening
- CCNA Cert
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- JNCIA or JNCIP certification is desired.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.