EPAWSS CD&I Program Manager - Hybrid (82179BR)
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from detecting threats for F-15 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
This position will join the EPAWSS program management team in the Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area's Tactical Aircraft Electronic Warfare (TacAir) product line and will lead the Continuous Development & Integration (CD&I) program. CD&I is a strategically important contract for the future of EPAWSS software and downloadable firmware updates post the EMD program.
- Ensure program commitments are met, including achievement of financial, schedule, technical, and new business performance objectives.
- Actively manage customer and supplier relationships to maintain a win-win of program execution and future business.
- Participate in the support of new business and in the development of financial plans for the company as needed.
- Measure and regularly report out on program results, including to senior leadership.
- Lead through inspiration and encouragement and foster a culture of innovative problem solving, performance excellence, and continuous improvement on the program team to deliver affordable, effective, and dependable outcomes.
- Demonstrate a leading role in promoting adherence to the company’s ethical standards and business practices; ensure compliance with the BAE Systems Operational Assurance Framework and all other policies and requirements; provide for good stewardship of the assets of the business.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety and security objectives and policies.
- Typically a Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related discipline and a minimum of 10 years of experience leading operations, technical, and / or program teams through all phases of the lifecycle, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience integrating scope, schedule, and budget for the successful execution of program objectives. Ability to develop and execute a program schedule and track status against that schedule.
- Working knowledge of risk and opportunity management, defense contract types, and with partnering with Finance to apply Earned Value Management techniques.
- The ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries.
- This role demands engaged leadership and the ability to collaborate, influence, negotiate, shape, gain commitment to action, and be decisive while leading cross-functional teams in the execution of complex tasks. Must possess sound judgment and the ability to remain calm and focused, particularly while working within narrow timeframes and in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to interface and negotiate with and present to a variety of stakeholders including coworkers, leadership, customers, and suppliers.
- Knowledge of Government contracting, current acquisition trends and customer / competitor behaviors is a positive.
- PMP Certification.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.