Program Manager III - F-35 Solutions Advanced Programs PM - Hybrid (82268BR)
- Coordinate and manage the assigned project(s) to comply with cost, schedule, technical, and new business objectives and established company practices in order to meet project commitments and manage risks and opportunities.
- Perform program planning, execution and proposal/capture activities. Lead matrixed teams of functional and support specialists throughout the program execution and capture process.
- Serve as a primary customer interface responsible for leading customer communication, program status reporting, and conducting customer program reviews. Cultivate strong external and internal relationships at various levels with the US government, prime contractors, and BAE Systems leadership to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Review and monitor project metrics and provide support as required to program leadership. Measure and regularly report out on strategies, plans, activities, and results to leadership.
- Attract, develop, and retain high-performing, diverse talent; build future leaders through development, mentoring, and modeling excellence. Lead through inspiration and encouragement to enhance employee performance, engagement, and overall team optimization. Take action and make decisions regarding personnel matters as needed.
- Foster a culture of innovative problem solving, performance excellence, and continuous improvement to deliver affordable, effective, and dependable solutions.
- Demonstrate a leading role in promoting adherence to the company’s ethical standards and business practices; ensure compliance with the BAE Systems Operational Assurance Framework and all other policies and requirements; provide for good stewardship of the assets of the business.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Typically a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related discipline and a minimum of 12 years of experience leading technical and program teams through all phases of the lifecycle, including DoD program management and program management responsibility for $10-25M per year.
- Knowledge of customer community and mission and demonstrated experience establishing and building customer relationships and the ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to lead a diverse, matrixed team, including strong partnership, leadership, coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to achieve results through others.
- Success operating, allocating resources, and prioritizing effectively in limited timeframes.
- Excellent communication skills with experience providing executive level briefings on project status and recommendations.
- Familiarity with policies and processes regarding program management and capture activities, as well as Government contracting, current acquisition trends and customer / competitor behaviors and industry best practices.
- Strong organizational skills, closure orientation, and communication.
- PMP certification.
- Active security clearance.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.