Job Description Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for pilots and aircrew to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future; And you can too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us". Sound like a team you want to be part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is seeking an Experienced Technical Manual Writer responsible for writing and editing technical documents to include procedural and user/service manuals, programming manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications. Will be expected to create a range of templates, necessary to gather, organize, edit and write project-specific materials, as well as for authoring and producing technical documentation, specifications, reports, test procedures, and training materials for military electronic systems. Must be able to work in a collaborative environment to gather data from Subject Matter Experts and convert that data into comprehensive materials focused on consistent, clear, and logical flow.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Current SECRET clearance with last investigation within the previous 4 years
- Associates degree with 4 years experience in the follow task areas
- Design, maintenance and improvement of LaTex style guide templates, document organization and core content (tables, figures, etc)
- Design, creation and maintenance of figures, diagrams and other visual content for individual contributors following style guides and specific color pallets, standards, and presentation templates
- Experience in using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, MS Word and Powerpoint, and LaTex
- Must work well in a collaborative environment, inside and outside BAE Systems, including direct USG customer interaction with minimal supervision
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- BS degree with 2 years experience
- Experience in the use of MS Visio and MagicDraw / CAMEO (limited skills to access and modify text and visual elements)
- Experience coordinating preparation and control of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and modification records for management control
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.