Energy Efficiency Public Relations Manager ( R-00088078-OTHLOC-PL-2D1994 )
Leidos, Inc., the implementer for Ameren Illinois' award-winning energy efficiency programs, seeks an Energy Efficiency Public Relations Manager. Since 2008, the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program has been helping the state of Illinois transition into a more affordable and cleaner future and works with residents, businesses and partners across Illinois to save customers money, lower carbon emissions and strengthen the state economy. The Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program is committed to helping customers improve comfort, manage energy usage and reduce costs. Travel for this position will be approximately 75% throughout the Ameren Illinois service territory.
Job Location: Ameren Illinois and Leidos believe it is very important to provide employment opportunity to the utility ratepayers that reside in Illinois. Therefore, there is Strong preference for the successful candidate to be located in the Ameren Illinois service territory. [Register to View] (roughly the southern two-thirds of Illinois). The Ameren Illinois service territory includes several large to mid-size communities such as Galesburg, Quincy, Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana, Danville, Decatur, Springfield, Charleston-Mattoon, Effingham, Mt. Vernon, Marion, Carbondale, and Metro East (Belleville, O'Fallon, Granite City, Edwardsville, Alton, Collinsville). Ability to travel to the Peoria, IL and/or Collinsville, IL area as needed.
Under the leadership of the Implementation Portfolio Director, the Energy Efficiency Public Relations Manager works in cooperation with Leidos and Ameren Illinois managers to increase awareness of all aspects of the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program. This position will work closely with the Marketing Director while regularly interacting with other internal resources, external residential and business customers and program allies, various media outlets, community-based organizations, and other key groups and agencies to effectively drive overall program awareness.
• Maintain relationships with key members/leaders of the Ameren Illinois communities
• Assist in efforts for the achievement of key initiative goals, including generating greater community awareness of energy efficiency
• Serves as primary point of communication between members of the energy efficiency team, community leaders, and media outlets
- Develop awareness messaging/talking points on key topics
- Assist other team members with facilitating outreach campaigns, press events and other activities
• Assist in efforts to identify new community partners and developing connections with new partners to the energy efficiency program
• Works with diverse business enterprises in the Ameren Illinois service territory with potential to participate in the energy efficiency programs
• Continues to be flexible throughout the program year to adjust engagement strategies and tactics based on initiative needs
• Creates, presents, and tracks each presentation given to community organizations regarding energy efficiency and gas/electric awareness and safety
• Provides information and/or makes presentations to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups, businesses, and the general public on programs, services, projects, and plans
• Provides regular status reports to Ameren Illinois and Leidos program leaders
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of work experience in public relations, economic development, community-based organization/not-for-profit, communications or related field. High school diploma with additional 4 years related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of utility/energy efficiency awareness and outreach experience strongly preferred
• Must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time
• Ability to work closely with customers and community partners across the Ameren Illinois service territory
• Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to speak in front of all size groups (small to large)
• Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
• Energetic, can-do attitude and will to succeed
• Exceptional attention to detail, quality, and follow-through
• Adaptability and flexibility with required changes
• Professional demeanor and dedication to delivering top notch customer service
• Experience with record-keeping and organization of data
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPointPay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.