Cyber Threat Hunter ( R-00088043 )
The Defensive Cyber Solutions Branch (DCSB), Security Operations Center (SOC) Cyber is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to DCSB customer networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to DCSB customer information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
The SOC Cyber is responsible for the overall security of DCSB customer Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations. Leidos has an immediate need for a Cyber Threat Hunter to join our DCSB Threat Team.
The ideal Cyber Threat Hunter is someone who is process driven, curious, and enjoys identifying patterns and anomalies in data that are not immediately obvious.
- Create Threat Models to better understand the DCSB IT Enterprise, identify defensive gaps, and prioritize mitigations
- Author, update, and maintain SOPs, playbooks, work instructions
- Utilize Threat Intelligence and Threat Models to create threat hypotheses
- Plan and scope Threat Hunt Missions to verify threat hypotheses
- Proactively and iteratively search through systems and networks to detect advanced threats
- Analyze host, network, and application logs in addition to malware and code
- Prepare and report risk analysis and threat findings to appropriate stakeholders
- Create, recommend, and assist with development of new security content as the result of hunt missions to include signatures, alerts, workflows, and automation.
- Coordinate with different teams to improve threat detection, response, and improve overall security posture of the Enterprise
- BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 2+ years of prior relevant experience with a focus on Cyber Security. Additional experience in lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Should have at least 2 years of experience serving as a SOC Analyst or Incident Responder
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Must have an active Secret Clearance.
Must have one of the following certifications:
- SANS GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- SANS GCFA (GIAC Certified Forensic Analyst)
- SANS GCIA (GIAC Certified Intrustion Analyst)
- SANS GNFA (GIAC Network Forensic Analyst)
- SANS GWAPT (GIAC Web Application Pentester)
- SANS GPEN (GIAC Penetration Tester)
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Expertise in network and host based analysis and investigation
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing threat hunt missions
- Understanding of complex Enterprise networks to include routing, switching, firewalls, proxies, load balancers
- Working knowledge of common (HTTP, DNS, SMB, etc) networking protocols
- Familiar with operation of both Windows and Linux based systems
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell
- Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic Domain Specific Language (DSL)
- Demonstrated experience triaging and responding to APT activities.
- Experience working with various technologies and platform such as AWS, Azure, O365, containers, etc.
- Understanding of current cyber threat landscape, the different tactics commonly used by adversaries and how you would investigate, contain and recover against their attacks.
DCSBPay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.