Principal Mechanical Engineer - Build and Design (Hybrid) (82482BR)
BAE Systems is hiring for a Principal Mechanical Engineer!
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Products encompass a wide range of technologies including digital electronics, RF and analog circuits, mechanical chassis and packaging. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Responsible for the design, integration, manufacturing and mechanical testing of hardware and subsystems for Electronic Warfare products.
- A familiarly with design process including conceptual development, physical design, support to procurement, assembly, engineering test, debug, integration and support of product qualification.
- The candidate should possess an understanding in the application of heat transfer principles, strength of materials, materials selection, design for vibration environments and the ability to apply those principles to unique mechanical design challenges.
- The ability to perform thermal and or structural analysis using industry simulation tools (ANSYS).
- Working with small design teams and the ability to effectively communicate within the team is required.
- Candidate shall also be able to work within a broader program team and or supplier(s) and be able to communicate across functional boundaries in order to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- The candidate shall possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies and rules.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with peers and customers to resolve technical problems and implement solutions.
- Provide and lead prototype build support for engineering development and transition to production
**Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Proven technical leadership with mechanical projects from design through successful test.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance.
- 4+ Years of professional, technical experience