Senior Principal Electrical Engineer - Digital Hardware (Hybrid) (82483BR)
See what you’re missing. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
In Precision Strike and Sensing Solutions, we design and manufacture state-of-the-art systems and technology that enable our customers to execute their precision strike missions.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we’re more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
As a Digital Hardware Engineer you will...
- Translate system requirements into compliant printed board assembly designs
- Evaluate hardware module performance using simulation tools and prototype hardware
- Integrate hardware in a laboratory environment
- Create design documentation and verification test procedures
You will excel in this job if...
- You're constantly asking questions and you love learning.
- You're always anticipating your customer’s needs and working to exceed their expectations.
- You're willing to put in the time and effort it takes to get the job done.
- You're always looking for ways to do things better and faster.
- You're a good judge of how long projects take to complete, and always alert others if things get off track.
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with time split between working onsite and remotely.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- US Citizenship and ability to attain (or currently have) a SECRET security clearance
- Typically 10+ years of experience with BS; 8+ years with MS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Master of Science or above preferred
- Experience developing compact embedded systems for harsh environments
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness.
- Able to serve as a consultant to top management, lead development teams, and serve as technical liaison with our customers
- Experience with printed board assembly (PBA, PCB, PWB) design using Cadence tools
- Familiarity with AS9145 compliant processes
- Experience with Electronic Warfare systems or high power RF software defined radio (SDR) hardware
- Experience with radar systems
- Experience with EOIR systems
- Familiarity with FPGA and embedded code
- Knowledge of memory interfaces such as DDR, QSPI
- Knowledge of data transfer protocols such as PCIe, Ethernet, JESD 204, I2C, JTAG