Product Line Test Manager (PLTM)
- Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The World™.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Our Advanced Electronic Warfare Solutions Operations Product Line Test Manager will:
- Drive test strategy, initiatives, and production test initiatives and capability to bring them to conclusion for the product line.
- Understand the system impacts of various types of testing and use statistical analysis with respect to yields and other metrics to make improvements while balancing quality.
- Map System level CONOPS to system and sub-system testing requirements and test plans for production, understand how to translate operational requirements and functional specifications into appropriate “built right” test strategies and testable operational metrics.
- Be the key Interface for the product line and engage with engineering SMEs, Systems, Hardware, ITE, ESS IT, Product Line/Business Area Test Leads to influence testing methodologies and concepts and work with cross-functional teams to drive improvements with digital tools
- Able to interface with suppliers and OEMs to improve results of supplier product testing and thereby improve supplier quality
- To participate as an approver in test architecture reviews and proposals. Provide recommendations, review and critique test solutions to drive optimal test solutions strategy.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge and capability in the evaluation of operational suitability, with emphasis on reliability, maintainability, availability, and logistic supportability of test equipment and infrastructure.
- Lead test portion of iMRA
- Drive Operations involvement in PDR, CDR, and Transition to Production/Certification for Production test solutions along with other gate reviews. Ensure an emphasis on testability, production test efficiencies, and incorporation of factory fit requirements.
- Develop return on investment for affordability enhancements and improvements and work with cross-functional team and program management office on incorporation into program baselines
- Capable of developing program integrated master schedules and executing to cost and schedule baselines.
- Mentor, lead, coach all test engineering team members, inclusive of Exempt Test Engineers and Nonexempt Test Technicians and develop a team of manufacturing and test engineers capable of executing to the testing plan with innovation ability, engineering knowledge, and proven core competence
- Apply lean principles to achieve continuous improvement in the areas of process, quality, cost, manufacturing throughput, and first-pass-yield for testing.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Master's or PhD degree preferred.
- All applicants must have at least an current active Secret Security clearance at time of application submission in order to be considered for this role/position
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in manufacturing and test leadership.
- Proven track record of delivering low volume high mix products.
- Previously managed manufacturing technical operations/manufacturing and test engineering teams, with a mix of experience managing hardware and software activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees.
- Eagerness to operate in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Should currently hold a Secret Clearance and be able to obtain Special Access clearance(s) as necessary.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.