Industrial Engineer II
- Conduct planning activities such as time studies, manufacturing space and production line layout design, production line balancing, and capital expenditure studies.
- Proactively engage with cross-functional teams to identify program requirements for current and future production volumes. Perform capacity analysis and develop recommendations on equipment capacity and human capital requirements to support production ramp and manufacturing growth targets.
- Work closely with program teams to understand the future work to be performed in the factory and accordingly update capacity assessments.
- Monitor and develop recommendations to improve production KPI and metrics such as production costs, downtime, takt time, and overall equipment effectiveness.
- Implement continuous improvement and Kaizen events to improve manufacturing outcomes
- Lead and/or participate in Lean / producibility studies to achieve defect reduction, improve manufacturing methods/processes or positively impact resource utilization. Complete required six sigma and quality trainings. Lead green belt projects to achieve operational excellence, reduce costs and improve product yield.
- Support activities such as coordination of PPV/FAI activities on the manufacturing floor, and process engineering tasks as required.
- Closely work with operations, supply chain, and cross-functional teams to support production, resolve problems and generate ideas to support achievement of business objectives.
- Utilize data tools and perform data analysis as well as root cause analysis as required.
- Comply with, support, and help develop as applicable BAE safety policies and maintain a safe work environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial or Mechanical engineering.
- Shop layout experience with a demonstrated understanding of material presentation & flow.
- A fundamental understanding of facility constraints such as space, machine capacity, materials movement, and utilities.
- Proficient in performing manufacturing capacity analysis.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) & AutoCAD (or similar design software).
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Solid skills in problem solving, and statistics
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or weekend as required to meet business objectives.
- Strong team player and willing to work collaboratively across the organization.
- Sound interpersonal skills to successfully interface with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers.
- Experience using simulation software to perform capacity analysis.
- Green Belt and Lean manufacturing training and demonstrated ability to apply these principles
- Experience in electro-mechanical manufacturing environment with automated and mechanical assembly operations as well as product testing.
- Experience working within a DoD environment is beneficial.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.