Occupational Safety Health Analyst
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for an Occupational Safety Health Analyst supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) from their facility located in Auburn, WA.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
The selected candidate will:
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state Occupational Safety and Health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may follow a citation.
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards as required.
- Reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training courses.
- This position will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western Service Area (WSA) Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health (EOSH) Program and assist the District Safety and Environmental Compliance Managers (SECMs) in providing EOSH support to Airway Facilities (AF) personnel in the Northwest Mountain Region.
- The candidate will support the customer’s Asbestos, Lead, Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), and Pandemic programs.
- The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations related to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee complaints, as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance Manager (SECM).
Please Note: This is a 100% Full Time Remote Work at Home position. The role will be remote from Northwest Mountain Region.
** Candidate has to live from the Northwest Mountain Region (i.e., Idaho, Montana, Washington, and Oregon) **
- Must have experience in one of the following areas: Industrial Hygienist (IH) OR Occupational Safety and Health (OSH).
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS PowerPoint.
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 50%.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security clearance.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of professional experience; OR 2+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree. Additional years of relevant experience maybe accepted in lieu of degree.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) OR Associate Safety Professional certification is highly desired.
- Certified in any of the following areas is a plus: Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Asbestos Contractor/ Supervisor; AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector; Certified Lead Professional; Lead Inspector/ Risk Assessor; and Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Able to be fit-tested and wear respirator, and be enrolled in Respiratory Protection Program (if hired).
- Able to meet all requirements necessary to climb structures and oversee Fall Protection Program.
- Confined Space assessment experience, program administration experience; Forklift Operator, Forklift Instructor; Aerial Lift Operator, and Aerial Lift Instructor Experience, are desired.
- Highly developed presentation skills, comfortable conducting training classes, self-motivated and proactive team player, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting [Register to View] target="_blank">External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “[Register to View] target="_blank">World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.