Job Description BAE Systems, Inc. is currently looking for a Full Stack Developer (Mid) to join an innovative team of developers in Washington, D.C. This position supports the development of mission-critical applications for a federal government client focused on national security.
A senior contractor is required to support a new reengineering development and minimum O&M support for a production Java application with a PostgreSQL database and Tomcat application server. The successful candidate will be developing in AWS cloud environment using cutting edge technology. The developer will work in conjunction with other government and contractor developers to assist in all facets of development and O&M for the application. The reengineering and O&M support will include, but is not limited to, the gathering, analysis, and development of enhancement specifications/requirements provided by the system owner. The developer may be tasked with supporting all aspects of the project to include all phases of life cycle development. The employee will need to possess strong user interface skills using Angular and Spring framework application development. Also, they must possess a strong Computer Science background with either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in this field.Required Education, Experience, & Skills 1. Java (JEE Development)
3. Angular version 2 or above
4. Spring framework 4 and above
6. PostgreSQLPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills 1. Atlassian tools
2. Spring Boot and Spring JPA/Hibernate
3. SAML authentication
5. Agile methodology experience
6. Strong verbal and written communication skillsAbout BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.