Senior Systems Engineer ( R-00088761 )
Are you looking to make a difference? Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team supporting iApp initiatives within our Intelligence Organization.
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come join our mission!
This project provides the full range of systems design, analysis, integration, verification, and validation activities in support of the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio. The selected candidate will provide systems engineering expertise in the following areas: system architecture and design; development and integration; requirements analysis, data flow analysis; network design and implementation; test/verification and validation; and documentation for the system. The selected candidate will be responsible for collaborating with internal technical professionals on a day-to-day basis, and with POCs from customer organizations when necessary.
Additional position responsibilities also include:
- Lead system engineering, hardware, and software analysis to support the Navy’s Key Management project portfolio.
- Define and apply systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements.
- Manage requirements, including decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation for subsequent use by the development and test teams.
- Define and develop System Architecture, CONOPS, and use case development using systems engineering methodologies.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical interchange meetings associated with the work performed in this project.
- Required to research, design, write, and review a wide range of technical documentation that will include but not be limited to: technical manuals, design specification documents, interface requirements specification, system user guides, reference manuals, installation guides, and data sheets that may be required to assist with the design, integration, testing, and fielding of the system; will provide project briefing materials upon request.
- Relocation assistance available to move to San Diego, CA.
- Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related field and at least 9+ years of related experience or a Doctorate and at least 7 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of system engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements decomposition.
- Experience that demonstrates ability to analyze risks and uncertainties and ability to navigate projects through established processes.
- Experience with database management software, such as MySQL, Oracle RDBMS, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with operating systems, such as Linux and UNIX.
- Understanding complex system development methods.
- Experience with technical documentation development.
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
- Software development or shell scripting experience.
- Past experience using CAMEO a plus.
- Excellent scripting skills with knowledge of programming languages, such as Perl, Ruby, and Python.
- Good knowledge of networking protocols, such as TCP, IP, and OSI models.
- Model based systems engineering experience a plus.
- Past Test Driven Development (TDD) experience a strong plus.
- Experience with CUCUMBER or similar TDD automation framework a plus.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.