Job Description **2nd Shift** Provides technical support to Operations in the form of enabling and improving the flow of product through manufacturing utilizing the disciplines of industrial and mechanical engineering. Assignments range from straightforward and reactionary in nature to complex and strategic. Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Responsible for technical problem definition and solution in manufacturing environment. Interfaces with design engineering on incorporating changes to the designs which improve manufacturability.
- Determines the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow, and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control through the application of Lean principles.
- Determines the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow, and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Prepares cost estimates for proposed projects and evaluates cost factors.
- Perform assignments requiring use and application of standard engineering economics and product development principles and techniques.
- Assignments usually consist of providing engineering economics support (cost estimates, facilitating achievement of cost requirements/targets) on stand-alone product development efforts.
- Plan, execute (facilitate) and document engineering economics challenges.
- Maintain awareness of the technological state-of-the-art and of the Company's competitive position in the assigned area.
- Understands and considers how facility design and layout for manufacturing processes and equipment affect economic factors, process flow, operator efficiency and comfort in performance of job duties.
- Solves IE problems of various levels of complexity.
- Analyze and interpret systems requirements and definition data to the extent necessary to proactively apply engineering economics principles.
- Full Time On Site
- Individual job duties may vary.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ Years work experience
- Ability to obtain Secret Level Security Clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Experience and knowledge of SMT equipment and processes.
- Programming and troubleshooting automated equipment
- Capital equipment specification and purchase
- Tool and fixture design
- Lean and Six Sigma
- In perimeter of GPS divestiture
- US Citizen and Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.