Communications Technician Journeyman (21524)
Major Job Activities:
• Maintains, installs, programs, troubleshoots, and performs preventive maintenance of cryptographic equipment and its associated communications equipment and perform contingency circuit activation/deactivation.
• Supports systems that support video, data and voice transmissions, including telecommunications, internet technology, computer systems, networking, broadband technology and radio communications.
• Duties include troubleshooting system issues, inspecting and maintaining communications systems and keeping detailed maintenance records.
• Responsible for the install, test, maintenance and upgrades of communications equipment.
• Works specifically with computer systems to install software, maintain network security, and improve network efficiency.
• Repair and service equipment with the goal of achieving maximum efficiency while maintaining quality service.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and make necessary repairs to the Giant Voice system to ensure designed system configurations are met.
• Ensure primary requirements of the performance work statement (PWS) are performed IAW with Department and Safety guidelines/procedures.
• Follow preventative maintenance program guidelines for assigned equipment.
• Educate customers on preventive maintenance and safety regulations.
• Provide regularly schedule updates of services performed to AVD Leadership.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
• Office computers and equipment, telephones, Microsoft Office suite of tools, spreadsheets and database outputs and reporting, virtual data sharing platforms (e.g., SharePoint, Teams, etc.), and other forms of remote work-sharing tools.
• Integrated base stations, soldering equipment, uninterruptible power supplies, spectrum analyzers, multi-readers and other various testing/calibrating/repair equipment. Will operate non-tactical vehicles as required.
• Primarily performed in an office environment, with work in virtual space, as well as operations centers, network/server rooms, and other datacenter environments.
• The Communications Technician Senior must be available during duty hours, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays, or when the Govertnment installation/facility is closed for administrative reasons.
• Medium work. Must be able to sit, stand, and work at a computer for long periods of time. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Education / Certifications:
• U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Residency status by providing their Alien Registration Number.
• Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
• High School/GED, Associates Degree preferred.
• 1-3 years’ experience as a Field Service Technician or related field.
• Experience performing complex and/or routine tasks.
Skills & Technology Used:
• Must possess a proficient level of computer skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of tools, including Microsoft Teams.
• Must have the ability to read, write and communicate orally in English with a high level of proficiency.
• of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
• Must have the ability to comprehend/provide basic blueprint renderings.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, including supervisory management.
• Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate the company’s core ethical values of integrity, respect and responsibility in daily work, activities and interactions with coworkers and internal/external customers.
Supervisory / Budget Responsibilities:
• May be responsible for identifying relevant project fiscal/budget estimates.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.