Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (Remote Work Considered)
The Director of DEI Partnerships and Processes will lead efforts to further embed Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) within the organization by ensuring DEI is integrated within internal systems, processes and practices, shaping strategy for external partnerships, overseeing execution of key efforts and initiatives as well and guiding smooth operations for the Office of DEI.
Reporting to the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (CDEIO), this role will serve as a trusted partner to the CDEIO by connecting, aligning and streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing key projects, and leading cross-functional efforts to further embed DEI into our business and communities.
- Oversee successful execution of strategic business initiatives under the guidance of the Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer (CDEIO)
- Support the CDEIO in the preparation of board, executive-level and key enterprise-wide briefings, presentations and communications.
- Work closely with CDEIO, leaders and DEI team members to facilitate successful execution of key DEI projects and initiatives, ensuring proper prioritization of efforts and project management support.
- Ensure timely communication and flow of information between the Office of DEI and key internal stakeholders.
- Identify and manage strategic partnerships, including speaking opportunities, internal and external events, awards and recognition opportunities, thought leadership, media relations and executive positioning.
- Serve as deputy to the CDEIO, representing them in meetings, as needed.
- Partner with stakeholders in Centers of Expertise (COEs), Human Resources (HR) and across the business to embed equity and inclusion into processes, policies and practices aimed at improving attraction, recruitment, retention, development, and advancement of a diverse workforce.
- Lead and/or support cross-functional working groups and teams on DEI-related projects, efforts and initiatives.
- Design change management plans and ensure resources and supporting tools are provided to ensure effective execution and adoption of DEI leading practices across HR processes and throughout the employee experience.
- Lead efforts to identify, recommend and implement technology enhancements to effectively embed and integrate DEI into HR systems and processes and across the talent lifecycle.
- Develop project plans, track milestones and establish key metrics required to achieve both short and long-term DEI goals including the impact and effectiveness of process improvements.
- Partner with Community Investment and Talent Acquisition to drive aligned and enhanced enterprise-wide strategy for partnerships with STEM-focused and affinity-based organizations (e.g. National Society of Black Engineers, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, DisabilityIn etc.)
- Oversee efforts to optimize partnership offerings and opportunities for brand awareness, talent attraction, talent pipeline development and professional development of diverse workforce.
- Lead efforts to identify new partnerships with organizations aligned with organizational and DEI-related goals and objectives.
- Oversee management of key DEI awards and recognitions, including evaluation of opportunities, development of applications, promotion of results, and reporting of key learnings and insights to improve future efforts
- Lead and develop DEI team members responsible for metrics, analytics, operations and strategic partnerships and programs.
- Direct and design strategic expansion of community and social impact partnerships to address needs, increase leadership and employee engagement, and drive achievement of Colleagues Advancing Racial Equity (CARE) actions and ESG initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management, business administration or closely related field; 12+ years of related human resource experience, including oversight of diversity, equity and inclusion-related initiatives; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity, equity inclusion principles.
- Inclusive leadership skills.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and plans.
- Effective leadership skills, including the ability to influence, motivate and inspire others.
- Ability to think strategically and practically and drive tasks through to completion.
- Experience managing project teams within cross-functional or large organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively speak, persuade, influence and present information.
- Experience leading process improvements and large-scale change initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience engaging with C-Suite executives about diversity, equity and inclusion imperatives and the ability to influence in a challenging business environment.
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with a proclivity towards collaboration.
- Strong business and social acumen; clarity, tact and professionalism.
- Change management and communication experiences strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, plan workflow and take initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and work well under pressure.
- Strong organization and planning skills with solid attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization.
- Experience interpreting data and clearly summarizing key insights.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.