Engineering Technician II ( R-00089932 )
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for an Engineering Technician Level III position. The successful candidate will be a member of the Towed Array Intermediate Maintenance Activity (TA-IMA) team in Santa Rita, Guam. This site provides direct fleet support with towed acoustic systems installed on submarines and surface ships, including 24/7/365 worldwide casualty assistance (CASREP) support.
Responsible for conducting towed array module physical inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and ship board installation of towed bodies while working pier side, in all weather conditions and/or in a warehouse environment. Travel overseas and within CONUS on short notice may be required. Candidate will be responsible to review technical documentation, identify discrepancies and submit TMDRS (Technical Manuals Deficiency/Evaluation Report) corrections. This position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to meet US Navy operational schedules, and may have occasional requirements for extended travel to support surge work at other Towed Array IMA’s in order to meet US Navy operational schedules. Selected applicant will receive on the job training in accordance with established Personnel Qualifications Standards (PQS) and is expected to qualify as a Towed Array IMA Technician and Pier-Side Lead within a 12-month period. Upon completing qualifications, the selected candidate will be expected to take on technical lead assignments supporting IMA day-to-day operations, interact with Navy, Government, and civilian support contractors. The candidate may be expected to assume additional collateral duties from time to time as assigned by the site manager.
- Graduate of an accredited technical institute or apprentice program in electronics above high school level or successful completion of a military electronics course equivalent to U.S Navy “C” school and at least two years’ experience in the test and repair of electronic/electrical equipment.
- Experience in the use of electronic test equipment and operation of various hand held power tools.
- Active Secret security clearance or ability to obtain a minimum of an interim Secret prior to commencement of employment.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license. Must complete a background check and physical to be able to obtain a DOT license.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Ability to obtain US Passport.
- Prior US military service, preferably Navy and on a platform utilizing towed sonar systems (submarines or surface ship).
- Graduate of a Navy Instructor Training course.
- Experienced in the operation, troubleshooting, and/or repair of towed sonar arrays, or experience with any of the following equipment is desirable: AN/BQQ-5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BSY-1, AN/BSY-2, SQQ-89, OK-276, OA-9070/9070A, OK-40 or OK542/542A.
- Must be able to perform light mechanical maintenance actions and operate a forklift as part of assigned duties.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products (2007/2010).
- Active DOD Secret clearance.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.