Environmental Occupational Safety & Health Professional ( R-00090006 )
The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Environmental & Safety Professional to join the National Airspace System Integration Support (NISC IV) team.
The position will be supporting the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the FAA’s Environmental Occupational Safety and Health (EOSH) Program.
In general, this person will be a part of a larger team of EOSH professionals that supports the FAA’s ESA, and will support the Atlanta (ATL) District. The candidate will responsible for supporting many multi-faceted EOSH programs, and will be required to maintain applicable training and certification requirements as necessary. These programs include (but are not limited to) Asbestos, Lead, Mold, Chemical Management, Emergency Response, Electrical Safety, Water, Fuel Storage Tanks, and Fall Protection. The candidate will provide direct support to multi-level customers in Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Tennessee. The position may be located in one of three locations – Hampton, Peachtree City, or Atlanta, Georgia. The person will be required to work independently, and be able to provide quick response support for unplanned events. The work hours are normally 7 – 3:30, Monday thru Friday but can vary based on client support needed.
Specifically, the chosen candidate will have experience in writing reports with strict reporting deadlines. This includes extensive experience sampling and interpreting analytical reports and being able to identify exceedances in those reports. The selected candidate will also have experience climbing towers and/or be capable of receiving and giving fall protection training as well as completing tower safety inspections. The selected candidate must be able to provide comprehensive technical EOSH training to employees as requested. The selected candidate must have excellent customer service skills necessary to interact with senior level management and internal and external customers, as well as foster an environment of cooperation between different departments and co-workers. The chosen applicant must be a self-starter, able to work independently.
and with minimum supervision. This is a full time position that requires up to 75 percent travel. This position may be virtual OR at the customer site as requested.
- Provide environmental and safety support to the FAA’s EOSH Programs. The primary programs are Indoor Air Quality (IAQ); Asbestos Management; Lead Management (paint); Polychlorinated Biphenyls Management; Chemical/Hazardous Waste Management; Pesticide Management; Drinking Water Management; Fuel Storage Tank Management; Fall Protection Program; Hearing Safety Program; Electrical Safety Program; Confined Space Program; and Radiation Program. Additionally, the candidate will be required to employ and be familiar with a wide variety of sampling instrumentation, sampling techniques, and based on experienced judgment offer sound engineering or administrative recommendations to control stresses that may impact employee health and safety. The candidate will be required to provide various training classes for the above programs. Note: the candidate is not expected to be proficient in all of the listed programs. However, the candidate will provide support to the listed programs and will be required to learn/support the listed programs over time.
- Conduct site inspections and surveys, and submit proper technical reports conveying findings and sound guidance to resolve/mitigate any EOSH issues.
- Able to manage inspections using electronic data; utilize on-line data storage locations; and be able to use all Microsoft programs.
- Able to research and interpret Federal, State, Local, and FAA rules and regulations that are applicable to EOSH Programs.
- Provide excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
- Provide experience with various types of EOSH field equipment (ex. PID, XRF, Dosimeter, etc.).
- Technical competence in obtaining and developing Asbestos samples & reports.
- Technical competence in conducting and developing IAQ samples & reports.
- Technical competence in surveying and developing Fall Protection issues & reports.
- Technical competence in surveying and ma developing Electrical Safety issues and reports.
- Technical competence in obtaining and developing Drinking Water samples and reports.
- Requires BS 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of environmental, health and safety experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to work, manage and maintain information stored in a Knowledge Sharing Network (KSN)/SharePoint site(s).
- Candidate must also have a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Undergraduate Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health, or similar degree.
- Licensed Industrial Hygienist or demonstrated work history showing senior level Industrial Hygiene Experience.
- Master Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- Certified Safety Professional.
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.