Job Description Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this particular role, it will be performed full-time on site. This means work will be conducted on location at a BAE Systems facility 100% of the time.
BAE Systems is seeking experienced Software Engineers with C++, and/or Java, and/or database development/administration, a TS/SCI clearance, and 5+ years of software design, code, and test experience.
The candidates will work as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design, code, and test new software in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support large, complex systems. The position will also include debugging and integrating challenging systems designed in a multi-threaded, distributed application environment, and defining and developing significant features and upgrades to a complex, enterprise-wide Imagery and Geospatial Intelligence System.
This position may require business travel in support of customer meetings and operational system deployment and support activities.
* Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship statusRequired Education, Experience, & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering/technical discipline and 5+ years software design, code and debugging experience across the entire development lifecycle
- Hold an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Proficiency with one or more of the following:
- Database Oracle RAC 11g and/or 12c
- Experience developing successful object-oriented systems with a focus on maintainability and testability, and deep understanding of issues surrounding layering and dependencies in object oriented systems
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Experience and familiarity with UNIX and/or Linux
- Experience with UML and UML tools
- Self-starter with ability to multitask
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in multiple high level programming languages (e.g., C++, Java)
- Experience with geospatial data and/or large imagery archive systems is a plus
- Experience with Cloud computing environments such as AWS
- Knowledge of and experience with software design patterns and heuristics and their application.
- Development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, and/or Iterative)
- Scripting and other languages (e.g., sh, csh, bash, ksh, make, imake, UML, XML, HTML, CSS, and/or PERL)
- Development tools and services (e.g., Eclipse, Spring Framework, JBoss, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, Ant and/or automated test tools)
- Familiarity with server-side Java/JEE development
- User Interface development tools for the JEE stack
- Java Frameworks such as Spring
- Configuration Management tools (e.g., Jira, Subversion, and/or Git)
- Open Source, software and services
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.