Executive Assistant, Legal and Security
- Support the Vice Presidents of Legal and Security and limited staff as the administrative focal point.
- Create, edit, and format documents, including highly visible business letters, memoranda, presentations, reports, and other documents as requested, including in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Manage payment of invoices from law firms and other outside vendors, and track and report spending by matter.
- Create and manage corporate/legal documents and records, including extensive support of quarterly board meetings and management of corporate filings. Requires attention to detail, ability to track and update large amounts of data and records, and multitasking.
- Maintain calendars and arrange meetings and appointments. Maintain and track meeting action items through completion.
- Manage communications with senior level internal and external customers, including ability to interact professionally with senior executives, visitors, vendors, and other executive assistants within the company.
- Properly protect company proprietary data that if revealed would be detrimental to the company’s interests.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and provide support for various conferences, meetings and events with a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Manage Zoom and WebEx meetings. Arrange for and assist with the catering for meetings and events. Coordinate highly visible meetings and support International guests during these meetings.
- Maintain office supplies that are essential for successful operation for the function. Perform general administrative duties including but not limited to: typing, copying, collating, stapling, preparing packages for delivery, filing, record-keeping, and data entry.
- Coordinate extensive travel for the VPs and designated staff through the travel coordinator. Manage travel arrangements, meeting preparation, expense reporting, and procurement card reconciliation. Includes preparation of travel briefing packets for VPs and staff and ability to trouble-shoot travel changes in real time.
- Manage all aspects of receiving and screening all forms of communication as required.
- Other duties as requested, including the willingness to take direction on such assignments.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 6+ years of related experience (Bachelor's degree may replace the experience requirement).
- Must have excellent administrative and organization skills, including advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- General knowledge of computer hardware and office equipment.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Education:
- Administrative/business school or Associates degree.
- Certified professional secretary or certified administrative professional.
- Formal training in Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook.
- 8+ plus years of related experience.
- Law office experience.
- Security clearance.
About BAE Systems, Inc.BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.