Associate Distribution Engineer ( R-00090594-OTHLOC-PL-2D1916 )
**This role can be 100% remote but the candidate must be in one of these regions – Augusta, ME; Binghamton, NY; Rochester, NY; New Haven, CT; or Framingham, MA
UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of an Associate Distribution Engineer for electric utility design engineering. This role can be 100% remote, but the candidate must be local to one of these regions – August, ME; Binghamton, NY; Rochester, NY; New Haven, CT; Framingham, MA
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as manager who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a variety of utility clients nationwide
The successful candidate will have an interest in developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Distribution systems may be in an OH, UG, or URD environment. Project work may include joint use make ready, and street light projects. Work packages will be developed using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems.
Project work will require performing engineering calculations that may include: structural analysis of poles, guying, cable pulling, electric demand, transformer sizing, voltage drop and flicker, and coordination of protective devices. Assignments may also include: preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, development of a BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements. Work assignments will include travelling by motor vehicle to various project locations located throughout the area to conduct field investigations. The associate level candidate need not be proficient in applicate customer engineering, construction standards, and software systems. Training will be provided by Leidos.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
WHAT SETS YOU APART (Required Skills)
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree or Master’s degree (EE or CE preferred) is required and 0-2 years of prior relevant experience. Relevant experience is either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing design engineering.
- Must be comfortable in both a field office setting
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to walk up to 2 miles on unpaved surfaces
- Candidate must provide their own reliable transportation
- Local customer/job-related travel is anticipated and will be reimbursed at IRS approved rates
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE (Preferred Skills)
- Experience using CAD tools
- Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC)
- Familiarity with PoleForeman, SAP, Microstation
- Fundamentals of Engineer Certifications
PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Professional dress and demeanor
- 10-30% Field Inspections
- 60-80% Engineering and development of desig packages for construction crews
- 10% Performing administrative tasks, planning, and/or customer follow-up
This position may require you to work for our temporary agency for 1 year with the possibility of a conversion as a Leidos employee.
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
LeidosCollegePay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.