Software Engineer (SDN) ( R-00090633 )
The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Software Engineer to support the ongoing development and sustainment of a Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)’s Global Solutions Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract.
While this role is primarily remote one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click [Register to View] target="_blank">here!
The GSM-O II Program includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
This individual will assist in the design, development, testing, deployment, troubleshooting and incident/problem management for the SDN components. This role is primarily remote but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
- Design, develop, document, test and deploy software written in Python and Java on the Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) platform.
- Develop network orchestration and management workflows on the Itential Automation Platform.
- Integrate software with network devices, including Cisco ASR9K and Juniper MX series routers.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using CloudBees/Jenkins, Artifactory, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Frequently communicate and collaborate with other team members to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical discipline, plus 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Backend Java and Python software development experience that includes JSON/REST web services development, as well as the parsing, generation and validation of JSON.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience developing software on a Linux platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering.
- Ability to obtain an interim DoD Secret security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain a security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP, within 60 days of start date.
- Full software lifecycle experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience developing software in an Agile environment, including the ability to quickly learn new technologies on a rapidly growing project.
- Software analysis and design experience, including the ability to research, analyze, select and design integrations for APIs, as well as develop extensions/plugins for existing tools/components.
- Experience creating software design artifacts, including the creation of functional, technical, and architectural design documentation as well as test cases and installation, deployment and configuration documentation.
- Software Defined Networking experience, particularly experience with Cisco NSO and Itential.
- Network configuration experience, specifically with Juniper or Cisco routers, to include protocols such as BGP, MPLS, VPLS, Pseudowires and QoS.
- Experience developing software using SDN modeling languages and protocols such as YANG, NETCONF and RESTCONF.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Experience designing, building and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards, including updating applications and code to meet security scans and meeting security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret or higher security clearance.
- Hold an active security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP.
GSMOPay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.