Sr Principal ISSO (ITEMS UDS)
Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of an agile team that enables our employees to support our customers and their missions. As a Principal ISSO, you will work closely with TIER 2/3 in support of Unix/Windows workstations and servers, including Web servers, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements.
As a Principal Information Systems Security Officer supporting our government client your typical day will include:
- Review Nessus/ACAS scan results and provide direction where required
- Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful scan results for efficiency in reporting compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information
- Evaluate systems baseline security state (STE, Health & Status) verified through Xacta and LatteArt source of record systems
- Review and mitigate liens (POAMS)- continuous assessment
- Collaborate and develop Splunk use case dashboard reporting for security baseline
- Weekly reporting of system health status
- 100% Scan compliance validation for systems
- Maintain 98% asset accountability for in scope systems
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls
- Conducts regular audits to ensure that systems are being operated securely, and information systems security policies and procedures are being implemented as defined in security plans
- Develops, tests, and operates firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools
- Safeguards the network against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure
- Responds to queries and requests for computer security information and reports
- Conducts investigations of computer security violations and incidents, reporting as necessary to management
- Researches, evaluates, tests, recommends, communicates and implements new security software or devices
- Implements, enforces, communicates and develops security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, and telecommunications
- Develops materials for computer security education/awareness programs
- Provides recommendations to clients on information assurance engineering standards, implementation dependencies, and changing information assurance related technologies
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance
- Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information
- Provides advanced guidance and leadership to less-experienced team members
- May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
- Provides information assurance project management, technical security staff oversight, and development of mission-critical technical documents
- Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws
Note: Must be able to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph clearance.
Employee Benefits: At BAE Systems, we believe in supporting our employees in all aspects of their life including health, financial, and well-being. Employees scheduled to work 20+ hours per week are offered: health, dental, and vision insurance, health savings accounts, 401(k), disability coverage, life and accident insurance. We also have an employee assistance program and other perks that offer discounts on things like home, auto, and pet insurance, as well as a legal plan. Our leave programs include paid time off, holidays, as well as other types of leave including paid parental, military, bereavement, and any applicable federal and state sick leave. Employees may participate in the company recognition program to receive monetary or non-monetary recognition awards. Other incentives may be available based on position level and/or job specifics.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills Requirements:
- BS + 8 years / Associates + 10 years related experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Active TS/SCI with current polygraph
- DoD 8570 Level II Certification (Security+ or similar)
- CWIP - IAT level II Compliance:
Persons provide network environment (NE) and advance level compute environment (CE) support. Responsible for finding and fixing unprotected vulnerabilities and ensuring that remote access points are well secured. Focuses on threats and vulnerabilities and improving the security of systems. Demonstrates a mastery of the functions of the IAT Level I position. Monitors, tests and troubleshoots hardware and software IA problems pertaining to the network environment. Recommends and schedules IA related repairs to include performing IA related customer support functions such as installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, in response to customer requirements for the network environment (NE). Analyzes patterns of non-compliance and identifies vulnerabilities resulting from a departure from the implementation plan or that were not apparent during testing. Provides leadership and direction to IA operations personnel. Implement applicable patches including IAVAs, and IAVBs for their environment. (Reference: Policy 6-34) for Cyber Workforce Improvement Plan (CWIP).
- TS/SCI Clearance required and eligibility to obtain CI Poly
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Knowledge of the Customer's processes and procedures and of the Customer's production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills.