Combat System Integration Engineer
- Provide on-site, direct technical support to the NATO SEASPARROW Project Office (NSPO) and its 12 member nations with specific focus on the Fleet Support Division (N-20) in the Combat Systems Integration branch (N-21).
- Provide oversight on development/maintenance of Evolved SEASPARROW Missile (ESSM) Block 2 Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Interface Design Documents (IDDs), and Interface Design Specifications (IDSs).
- Provide Configuration and Data Management (CM/DM) for externally produced interface documentation and coordinate completion/delivery with external stakeholders including combat system, launching system, missile canister, and radar system design agents.
- Provide general engineering support and management for variety of missile integration related Requests for Information (RFIs) and Requests for Action (RFAs)
- Provide explanations of missile system operation and system interactions, review technical documents, write technical letters, and prepare technical presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Draft, review, and present Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) to the Configuration Control Board (CCB) as required.
- Support and coordinate interface Working Groups (WGs) and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs) between engineering teams at various contractor and government organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Systems, industrial, electrical, and/or RF engineering), Mathematics, Physics, or other technical field.
- Basic engineering knowledge about software implementation and RF systems in order to understand complex topics of discussion
- Knowledge in development and maintenance of interface specifications between combat systems and weapons
- Knowledge in requirements development, validation, and verification
- Strong oral and written communication skills (Requires a lot of discussion virtually with people all over the world). Ability to work with multiple customers and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to travel internationally as required by the customer
- Current Secret (or higher) US government security clearance
- Experience working in a classified environment including printing, transporting, storing, and/or distributing classified material.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Sharepoint, and other collaborative tools such as Teams, Power BI, etc.
- Experience working in an office setting (Basic understanding of Email systems etc.)
- Experience working naval combat system integration
- Knowledge of Aegis combat system
- Knowledge of Ship Self Defense System (SSDS)
- Knowledge of weapons RF links and protocols
- Knowledge of naval radar systems and launching systems
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.