Job Description Job Description
This position is for an IAS/ATG/OPS/GVS Maintenance Technician. Working alone or in small teams, the Maintenance Technician will perform preventive and corrective maintenance of Independent Alarm Systems, Automatic Tank Gauging Systems, Overfill Protection Systems, or Ground Verification Systems at Department of Defense installations across the following sites:
AASF North Canton, AASF North Canton, ARS Youngstown, Camp Perry, Columbus DLA (DSCC), Mansfield ANG, Rickenbacker ANG, Springfield ANG (Blue Ash), Toledo ANG (EXPT APT) (Swanton), Wright Patterson AFB
ARNG Red House, Camp Dawson Kingwood/ARNG, Charleston ANG (Yeager), Martinsburg ANG, Parkersburg AASF (ARNG), Wheeling AASF #2, AFB F.E. Warren, Camp Guernsey, Cheyenne ANG
The Maintenance Technician ensures proper operation of fuel accounting, alarm monitoring and controls, and leak detection equipment. Troubleshoots electronic systems and keeps organized, detailed records of work performed. Relocation and extensive travel are required.
**IMPORTANT NOTE: Your chances of being considered will greatly increase if you have ensured all the below requirements are addressed in your resume. Required Education, Experience, & Skills Required Skills
• Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
• Ability to acquire and maintain corporate credit card
• Ability to travel 100% required - Relocation required
• Valid state driver’s license
• High school diploma or equivalent and formal electronics training from technical school, Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or completion of four (4) year electronics apprenticeship program
• Eight (8) years of practical experience, to include: Electronics Repair, Maintenance, Integration, Fielding and Checkout. Two (2) years’ experience, to include: Supervision, and Shop Practices. Six (6) years’ experience performing removal, installation, maintenance, testing, and calibration of Automated Fuel Handling Equipment (AFHE), Airfield Refueling Electrical Supervisions and Control Systems (ARES), or Automated Tank Gauging (ATG) automation instrumentation and sensors. Specifically, must have demonstrated expertise in at least three of the following “Series ATG Systems”: Veeder Root TLS (TLS), Ronan (X76CTM), ENRAF 854 Servo, ENRAF 818 STIC, Hectronic Optilevel HLS 3010HF, Technologies, Barton 3500, GSI-MTG, MTS Level Plus M, Pneumercator TMS3000. Expertise in corrective maintenance on the following communications devices of the ATG systems: RTU 8130 associated modules; Programmable Logic Computers (PLC) such as the Modicon U120, Allen Bradley, and GE Fanuc; Phone switches; Radio Modems, External Modems, Radio equipment
• Required Certification: Underground Storage Tank (Release Detection)
• Experience with MS Windows OS and MS Office applications
• Ability to kneel and lift up to 40 pounds and work from heights of up to 50 feet
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills Preferred Skills and Education
Experience installing or maintaining industrial control systems
Experience with Government fuel accounting systems (AFHE, FMD, FAS, BSM-E, ATG)
Experience with Automatic Tank Gauging Systems including one or more of the following: Veeder-Root, Ronan, Enraf, Barton, Pneumercator, Red Lion.
Experience with Independent Alarm Systems including one or more of the following: Scully, Magnetrol, E&H, Fafnir, Mercoid, Omnitrol, Pneumecator, TLC, Bindicator, Devar, Aggressive Systems, GE Fanuc Programmable Logic Controllers
Experience with Overfill Protection or Ground Verification Systems including one or more of the following: Scully, Varec, Fafnir, GE Fanuc Programmable Logic Controllers
Experience with serial data communications (e.g., RS-232, RS-485)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.