System Engineer (JMUOS)
NCTAMS PAC provides comprehensive, around-the-clock telecommunications support to strategic and tactical war-fighters throughout the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command Area of Responsibility and beyond. This positions manages the operation and maintenance of 4 Operations Centers:
• Wahiawa, Hawaii Satellite Communications (SATCOM) is the backbone of the U.S. military’s communication, offering the war-fighter a point of entrance into the DoDIN and legacy tactical C4I services with reliable high-throughput telecommunications utilizing various RF spectrum bands
• Mobile User Objective System (MUOS) is the Defense Department’s next-generation narrowband military satellite communications system. It will support a worldwide, multiservice population of UHF band users, providing increased communications capabilities to smaller terminals while still supporting interoperability with legacy terminals. MUOS is designed to support users that require mobility, high data rates and improved operational availability
• Kaneohe, Hawaii Tactical Support Communications (TSCOMM), provides rapid, reliable, secure communications support for forces deployed overseas and at home ports within the U.S.
• Naval Radio Transmitting Facility (NRTF), Lualualei provides operational Command and Control communications utilizing the Very Low Frequency (VLF) and Low Frequency (LF) radio spectrums.
The selected candidate will work directly on a U.S. Government Department of Defense (DoD) contract for Vectrus Services Corporation.
Major Job Activities:
• The selected candidate will report to the Program Manager (On-Site Project Lead).
• Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with MUOS Program Office (PMW-146), ARSTRAT, NAVSOC and other MUOS related organizations.
• Be the technical Tier II support mechanism (24x7) for Network Operators, System Administrators, Security Operators and site technicians. Update Ticketing System with troubleshooting steps executed.
• Identify current Depot-level executions that the Operational Level can execute.
• Work closely with the MUOS Program Office and their contractor (Depot) to gain detailed knowledge of the MUOS system beyond the current IETM and O-Level requirements (i.e. Knowledge Transfer)
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures for eventual O-Level execution (once approved by the PM and government)
• Work closely with the MUOS Training Specialist to further develop a training program to include knowledge gained via close interactions with Depot.
• Analyze network topologies, traffic usage, and capacity requirements
• Work closely with the MUOS Maintenance Manager and MUOS Manager regarding all on-going and up-coming system level events.
• Work closely with the MUOS Maintenance Manager and MUOS Manager to improve efficiencies and processes
• Analyze potential future needs and work with the Program Manager to develop a time-phased plans to acquire personnel, technology and equipment to support anticipated requirements
• Other duties as assigned
Flexible 8x5 (Monday-Friday) (24x7 on-call) work schedule 24-hour X 7 support.
Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs a distance of 50 feet horizontally and 35 lbs vertically a distance of 50 feet without resting.
Education / Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree is Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• Must be a US Citizen
• Complete Pre-Employment Drug Screening
• Obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
• 15 years of general experience with minimum of 10 years specialized technical experience
• Must be minimally IAT Level II certified with appropriate baseline security and operating system/computer environment (OS/CE) certification in accordance with DoD 8570. 1-M and SECNAV-M 5239. 2)
• Cyber Security Work Force Specialty Code: 47 – Advanced MUOS
• Working knowledge of NETCOOL, Network Monitor and Control (NETMAC), and Advance Agile practitioner
• Have remote-WAN management, system administrator, crypto key management, IA, & W-CDMA background
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field
• EKMS 301 certification (or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire)
Experience / Skills:
• Have an Engineering mind, but be Operationally focused (ie always have the war-fighter’s best interest in mind)
• Must have remote-WAN management, system administrator, crypto key management, IA, & W-CDMA background
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.