The Maritime Systems Division (MSD) of Leidos develops, integrates, and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a range of customers across the Department of Defense (DoD).
Due to our continued growth as a division and of those within, MSD currently has an opportunity for a Material Handler in Lynnwood, WA, supporting various programs and initiatives.
This position will support the life cycle of material acquisition, from receipt to deliverable, working in concert with manufacturing leads, buyers, planners, and project teammates. The successful applicant will be self-motivated, detail oriented and solution driven.
Primary responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Receiving materials and goods, processing packing slips, scanning, labeling and routing to appropriate locations such as inspection, stores, engineer or lab(s);
- Kitting, creating picklists and processing materials in the ERP system for manufacturing orders (MO) and sales orders (SO), performing queries in the ERP system for new orders, materials on hand and reporting existing and potential material shortages.
- Shipping to include packaging kits, creating shipping labels, arranging shipments with various carriers (SEKO, UPS, FedEx) including completing all required documentation and working with planners and program leads to plan and fulfill program material needs.
- Keeping track of miscellaneous lab supplies and creating and placing orders before there is a shortage as well as monitoring and reporting on hazardous materials and monitoring expiration dates and replacing and coordinating disposal.
- Supporting calibration efforts by reporting on and alerting owners of calibrations due well in advance of expiration and obtaining quotes for calibration, preparing the associated paperwork, and ultimately shipping the equipment to cal lab.
- Performing other material handling activities such cycle counting materials, annual inventories, and scrapping and performing the associated transactions in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1 – 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Basic ERP/MRP (Material Requirements Planning) experience, performing inventory transactions, inventory reporting, etc;
- Strong understanding of material process flow as well as a working understanding of an indented Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Basic Windows navigation skills, and MS Excel and Word
- This position requires US citizenship and an active, or ability to obtain, a Secret security clearance within 6 months.
- Experience with procurement FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) standards and experience w/ Costpoint ERP system
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.